Travelling to Palawan and only staying in Puerto Princesa? Island Hopping on the Honda Bay is one of top things to do. It’s also one of top things that tourists would do when they’re in the area.
Honda Bay is a bay on the eastern shore of the island of Palawan in Puerto Princesa City. Numerous small islands are scattered in the bay. Honda Bay is ideal for snorkeling. Starfish are commonly found near islands such as Starfish Island.
How to get there?
To get there, you would need to travel by tricycle, van or jeepney, you will be then dropped at the wharf, where you will charter a boat to reach the islands.
On the other hand, the fastest way to get to the different islands is to book a package tour. We recommend you secure your slots ahead of time as the tours can get fully booked.
In our case, since we haven’t really planned our itinerary and hassle free Puerto Princesa trip, then we opt to book our tours via KLOOK. Don’t have an account? Sign up now and get 150 PHP discount on your first activity.
A package tour to the islands of Honda Bay includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in the city center
- Van transfer from the city center to the wharf
- Boat transfers from wharf to different islands
- Accredited tour guide
- Eat-all-you-can buffet lunch
Tips in island hopping:
- The guide will recommend you to rent beach shoes and snorkeling gears, if you’re there just for sun bathing you can skip those at will only be an additional expense.
- Bring sunblock, water, small towel, and an extra pair of clothes.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera.
Other things to do during island hopping:
Each island is unique to one another, but there are activities you can enjoy in each islands.
- Swim with the different species of fish, it is recommended to bring bread, note that this is note for your own consumption but will serve as feeds to the fish. Also, snorkeling gear will come in handy in this island.
The name came from the terms LUlubog-Lilitaw, Come high tide, the only sight you’ll see are the cottages and the restaurant which seem to float above the water.
- Just like any ordinary island where you can enjoy the beach and the sun, just some add-in is the hammock that you can enjoy while sipping that cold drinks, and a diving board to get a little bit of adrenaline rush.
Cowrie Island is usually the last stop in the Honda Bay Tour. It is named after the cowrie shell. I’m not sure though if there are lots of it in the island, as I have not seen any, or I’m just busy getting myself get tanned.
- My favorite out of the three islands, activities you can enjoy is banana boats, kayaks, jet-ski and of course their sumptuous lunch.
- Spa services and wide range of drinks to enjoy at their bar.
Beside this three islands, there are more around the area, but these three are only the ones included on the tour, so if your planning for a DIY island hopping at Honda Bay, better as for recommendation with your boatman.
So there you have it, the things you need to know about Honda Bay island hopping.
Don’t forget to follow my adventures on INSTAGRAM.